The Survey Research Centre offers a spectrum of services ranging from design consultation to survey data collection to data analysis. Our directors and associate director are experts in survey design and methodology, and have more than 75 years of combined experience. Since 1999 the Survey Research Centre has worked to develop expertise in rigorous, complex academic research. Our focus is on maintaining a high standard of social science research for clients that include: academic researchers (both at University of Waterloo and other institutions), University of Waterloo administration, regional governments and non-profit organizations.
Please see our promotional poster (PDF).
The Survey Research Centre supports the University of Waterloo strategic plan by:
- Supporting transformational research by University of Waterloo faculty and students
- Offering opportunities for experiential and work-integrated learning for undergraduate and graduate students
For each research study, the Survey Research Centre:
- Applies years of experience and knowledge of best practice approaches and current developments in methodology to achieve the best possible response rates
- Adheres to strict policies and procedures in order to collect the highest quality data possible
- Provides transparency and full reporting of survey conduct to respond to researchers’ needs when publishing in refereed journals, or to account to granting agencies or public bodies
- Provides exceptional client service