The University of Waterloo is proud to be a partner of the Residential Energy Efficiency Project (REEP) Green Solutions, an environmental, non-profit organization empowering our community towards healthier homes and sustainable living. REEP provides the services, tools, and programs people need to use energy and water wisely.
Get a third party perspective. Certified Energy Advisors provide expert advice on energy use in homes, multi-unit residences, small commercial, and faith buildings:
- Energy evaluation: In-depth evaluation of building envelope, ventilation and heating/cooling systems
- Electricity saving audit: Comprehensive audit of electricity use with recommendations to reduce bills
- Solar potential assessment: On-site property assessment of solar options, including photovoltaic and water heating
- Ventilation testing: Assessment of your building ventilation and sources of air leakage
Public education: Get involved, get inspired, and get green!
- REEP House: REEP’s super-insulated, water-wise, century brick education centre is located at 20 Mill Street in Kitchener. Register for tours, workshops, and facility rentals.
- REEP Green Home Planner: Your web-based tool for determining payback and energy savings on retrofits.
- Well Aware: Well and septic check-ups and workshops help rural residents protect our water.
- RAIN – An ecological approach to stormwater management: Workshops, events, and tours engage urban residents to protect the water that feeds our creeks and rivers.
- Greening Sacred Spaces: Bringing faith communities together to inspire environmental stewardship.