The Toronto Mennonite Theological Centre (TMTC) has been designated to coordinate the Mennonite Scholars and Friends (MSF) events at the American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature (AAR/SBL), which meets every November. We do this on behalf of Mennonite and Anabaptist-affiliated post-secondary institutions, and the many individual scholars who participate in these events. The reception and forum are open to any who wish to attend.
2020 – Online Forum
Friday, November 20th, 2020, 6:30pm—8:30pm (EST)
Details: Please RSVP to TMTC to receive a link to attend.
Theme: Round table on Recovering from the Anabaptist Vision
- David Cramer, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, presiding
- Laura Schmidt Roberts, Fresno Pacific University, panelist
- Paul Martens, Baylor University, panelist
- Myron A. Penner, Trinity Western University, panelist
- Karl Koop, Canadian Mennonite University, panelist
- Carol Penner, Conrad Grebel University College, University of Waterloo, panelist
- Stephanie Chandler Burns, Conrad Grebel University College, University of Waterloo, panelist
- Melanie Kampen, Independent scholar, panelist
- Jeremy M. Bergen, Conrad Grebel University College, University of Waterloo, panelist
- R. Bruce Yoder, Independent scholar, panelist
- Paul Doerksen, Canadian Mennonite University, panelist
A program committee oversees the annual forum. Current members include Kyle Gingerich Hiebert (coordinator), Melanie Howard, Chris Huebner, Kimberly Penner, Jamie Pitts, Andrea Saner, Nindyo Sasongko, and Hyejung Jessie Yum. Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome at any time and can be directed to TMTC.
The following institutions have committed to paying an annual amount towards the cost of these events: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Bethel College, Bluffton University, Canadian Mennonite University, Columbia Bible College, Conrad Grebel University College, Eastern Mennonite Seminary, Eastern Mennonite University, Fresno Pacific University, Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary, Goshen College, Humanitas Anabaptist-Mennonite Centre (Trinity Western University), Mennonite Mission Network, Messiah University, Tabor College, and the Toronto Mennonite Theological Centre.