Hyejung Jessie Yum is a PhD student in Theological Studies at Emmanuel College in the Toronto School of Theology. Jessie will be presenting a paper entitled "A Postcolonial Response to Felipe Hinojosa's Latino Mennonites."
Hyung Jin (Pablo) Kim Sun is a PhD student in Theological Studies at Emmanuel College of Victoria University. He will be presenting a paper entitled "Making an Intercultural Mennonite Ethnoreligion in a Global Context.”
Friday, November 22nd, 2019, 6:30pm—8:30pm
Location: Hilton Bayfront - Indigo D (Second Level)
Theme: Migration, Borders, and Belonging
- Melanie Howard, Fresno Pacific University, presiding
- Jennifer Graber, University of Texas, "Missionary Encounters with Native Christian Epistemologies"
- Felipe Hinojosa, Texas A&M University, "Borderlands in the Mennonite Imagination"
- Joseph Wiebe, University of Alberta, Augustana, "Race, Religion, and Land in The Gods of Indian Country"
- Hyejung Jessie Yum, University of Toronto, "A Postcolonial Response to Felipe Hinojosa’s Latino Mennonites"
Friday, November 22nd, 2019, 8:30pm—10:00pm
Location: Hilton Bayfront - Indigo E (Second Level)
Gerald Ens is a 3rd year PhD student in the department of religious studies at McMaster University, studying under Professor P. Travis Kroeker. He will be presenting a paper entitled "Church as Temple or Hospital? Mennonite Ecclesiology and Augustine's Critique of the Donatists."
Maxwell Kennel is a PhD candidate in the department of Religious Studies at McMaster University where he has taught courses on religion and violence (Fall 2018) and the discipline of Religious Studies (Spring 2019). Max will be presenting a paper on "Secular Mennonite Social Critique" that summarizes and develops his work on secular, philosophical, literary, and political Mennonite thought - some of which has recently been published in the Mennonite Quarterly Review and the Journal of Mennonite Studies.
Zac Klassen (alumnus of Conrad Grebel University College, 2015) is currently in his 5th year of his PhD in Religious Studies at McMaster University. He will be presenting a paper entitled "The Theological Representation of Israel and Judaism 'After' Karl Barth."