During the COVID-19 campus closure, the Grad Writing Cafe will be held online. Interested in joining? Follow the steps below to register:
- Log into LEARN
- On the main menu bar, click on Self Registration
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on Waterloo Writes
- Click on the Register button
- Fill out the Registration form, the click Submit
Days and Times for the online writing cafes
- Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Write together. Connect to our grad writing community to stay focused and motivated!
Tuesdays & Fridays 9 am – 12 pm, SCH 228F
Writing regularly helps with productivity and motivation. The Writing and Communication Centre hosts weekly group writing sessions for grad students. These loosely-structured sessions are designed to help grad students connect to a larger writing community, stay focused, and to keep making writing progress.
We break these three hours into 30-minute writing sessions divided by 5-minute breaks, following the Pomodoro Technique. This technique has lots of benefits. Check it out (PDF)!
We’ll provide free coffee, tea, and snacks. Just come and write!
No need to register. Bring your laptop. All grads welcome!