Drop into The Write Spot (on the 2nd floor of South Campus Hall) or Dana Porter Library (next to the circulation desk) and meet with a friendly and experienced peer tutor to talk about:
- understanding your assignment
- organizing your thoughts and ideas
- communicating your ideas clearly
- incorporating your research and citing sources
- getting and staying motivated
- and whatever else you need help with for your writing or communication assignments in any faculty!
What should I bring?
Come prepared with a current draft of your assignment or any rough notes or brainstorming, and any assignment instructions. Please note that our tutors guide you to see your work as readers would. They can teach you skills and strategies for revising and editing your own work, but they will not correct or change your work for you.
Fall 2023 dates and times
Drop-ins at Dana Porter Library
Tuesday to Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Drop-ins at The Write Spot in SCH
Monday to Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Drop-ins run from Monday, September 11, 2023 to Friday, December 8, 2023, and are closed during reading week (Monday, October 9 through Friday, October 13, 2023).