Email Tutoring is now available to grad and undergrad students!
Are you stuck on a draft and need some feedback? Working to a deadline but can’t book an appointment at the WCC? Want support but not up to talk to someone? We’re here for you with our email tutoring service. Get feedback over email on any writing or communication assignments!
Dates and Times
Email tutoring is not offered during the spring term. Please check back here in the fall term for dates and times.
Here’s how it works:
- Log in to WCOnline or create an account if you’re new to the WCC
- Select this term's “Email Tutoring” calendar on the log-in page or in the drop-down calendar menu at the top of calendar.
- Choose a spot and answer the intake form questions. All submissions must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) that day.
- Upload your draft on the intake form. Include your assignment instructions or relevant details with your draft, or upload them as a separate document. Note: you won’t receive feedback if you don’t include your draft and your assignment instructions or relevant details (such as a job description if you’re submitting a resume).
- Tutors will spend one hour responding to your work, so lengthy documents may not be read completely. This means we can read 4-5 pages carefully or skim 10 pages for general structure and organization.
- Wait for an email with feedback by 5:00 p.m. on the day of your selected spot.
Your feedback will include friendly and expert suggestions from a peer tutor for how to improve your draft. Remember: the WCC is not an editing service. We provide feedback based on your prioritized concerns so you can revise your own work!
We look forward to reading your work!