Welcome to the Rapid Prototyping Centre
The Rapid Prototyping Centre provides high quality 3D printing and laser cutting to students, staff and faculty, with a focus on undergraduate students and design teams at the University of Waterloo.
Let us help turn your ideas into reality.
- Two in-house production grade fused deposition modelling 3D printers
- At cost production
- Short turn around times
- For more information visit 3D Printing, Guidelines and Recommendations
- CO2 laser with 28" x 40" cutting bed
- Parts can be ordered and paid for online using the laser cutter request form
- Materials provided by the centre when you pay for your order
- Capable of cutting 1/4", 1/8" clear acrylic and 1/8" fiberboard
Laser Cutting Prices 1/8" Fiberboard 1/8" Acrylic 1/4" Acrylic $2.00 per square foot $4.50 per square foot $6.50 per square foot
Why use the Rapid Prototyping Centre?
Turning ideas into a 3D printed part is a simple and easy process. Take a look at this video to see the benefits of coming in to E5-2002 for a print.