Why use the Rapid Prototyping Centre?
Turning ideas into a 3D printed part is a simple and easy process. Take a look at this video to see the benefits of coming in to E5-2002 for a print.
The Rapid Prototyping Centre provides high quality 3D printing and laser cutting to students, staff and faculty, with a focus on undergraduate students and design teams at the University of Waterloo.
Let us help turn your ideas into reality
Now Offering Complimentary Desktop 3D Printing
- Three available desktop 3D printers: Prusa i3 MK3S+
- No charge for material
- First-come first-served basis
- In person only
- All Materials standard $8.00/inch³, enhanced $10.00/inch³
- CO2 laser with 28" x 40" cutting bed
- Parts can be ordered and paid for online using the laser cutter request form
- Materials provided by the centre when you pay for your order
- Capable of cutting 1/4", 1/8" clear acrylic and 1/8" fiberboard
Laser Cutting Prices
|1/8" HDF (Fiberboard)||1/8" Acrylic||1/4" Acrylic|
|$2.00 per square foot||$4.50 per square foot||$6.50 per square foot|