Turning your ideas into reality
Why use the Rapid Prototyping Centre?
The Rapid Prototyping Centre (E5-2002) provides high quality 3D printing and laser cutting to students, staff and faculty at the University of Waterloo. Whether you are an undergraduate student working on a fun side project to a design team member preparing for a big competition, we have the tools to help.
Now Offering Desktop 3D Printing
- Seventeen available desktop 3D printers: 13 Prusa i3 MK3S+, 4 Prusa Mini+
- First-come first-served basis
- In person only
- CO2 laser with 28" x 40" cutting bed
- Parts can be ordered online using the laser cutter request form
- Materials provided by the centre if available (for large cuts bring your own material)
- Capable of cutting 1/4", 1/8" acrylic and 1/8" fiberboard & plywood
Free to Use Circuitry & Electronics Workbench
- Soldering Stations
- Reflow Oven
- Waveform Generators