Welcome to Accessible Housing

Process for Securing Accessible Housing

This process is designed for students who have, and/or suspect they may have, a disability for which they would like to request housing accommodations. A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities of an individual, covers a broad range and degree of conditions, and can be visible or invisible. With the presence of functional limitations in activities of daily living, housing accommodations can be made for medical, sensory, physical, environmental, psychological, allergy/dietary restrictions, or mental health conditions.

If you require special housing accommodations as a result of a documented disability:

  1. Download and print off our Housing Disability Verification Form
  2. Make an appointment with your registered health care professional to complete the Housing Disability Verification Form
  3. Upload your completed Housing Disability Verification Form to this site as soon as possible

It can take time to obtain an appointment and appropriate documentation from your registered health care professional.  We strongly encourage you to begin this process early.  Please note that many physicians may charge a fee for the form to be completed.

If you also require academic accommodations, you are encouraged to visit the AccessAbility Services website and follow the instructions on how to apply and upload documentation.