On behalf of the Waterloo Artificial Intelligent Institute, it gives us great pleasure to announce today the Waterloo AI Institute Graduate Scholarships.
Name of Award: Waterloo AI Institute Graduate Scholarships
Value: The intent is to provide twelve one-time awards valued at $5,000 each. One Master's student and one PhD student from each of the University's six faculties will be chosen to receive a scholarship. Please find below the terms of the Waterloo AI Institute Graduate Scholarships, how to apply, and the deadline for applying. The selection will be made in early February 2021.
Eligibility & Selection:
- Graduate students registered full time in a master's or doctoral program who are conducting research under supervisors affiliated with the Artificial Intelligence Institute at the University of Waterloo.
- Selection to be based on academic achievement (minimum 80% cumulative average in their current program) and demonstrated expertise in artificial intelligence (in the broadest sense including but not limited to foundations of AI; applications of AI: and social, ethical issues, and implications of AI). Students should submit (i) a completed application form, a (ii) letter of a maximum of two pages describing their expertise in artificial intelligence, and (iii) an unofficial transcript to Harold Godwin, Managing Director (email@example.com)by January 22, 2021. The application form is attached here in this email. The submission should be in the form of a one single PDF document (application form + letter + unofficial transcript).
- A committee including the co-directors of the Artificial Intelligence Institute and other members of the Institute will select the recipients.
- Successful applicants agree to showcase their research at a future AI Institute event.
- One Master's student and one PhD student will be selected from each of the University's six faculties (Applied Health Science, Arts, Engineering, Environment, Mathematics, and Science).
Submission Form: Waterloo AI Institute Graduate Scholarships - Submission Form