The 2017 Investment Research Challenge (IRC) was held on Friday, July 14.
This was the fifth year of the competition. Twenty-two teams (comprised of 85 students) participated in the first round - the majority of participants were 2B students. A total of 12 teams (48 students) participated last year.
A special thank you
We thank the judges in the final round:
- Karan Balachandar, Investment Banking Analyst, TD Securities
- Richard Ma, Investment Banking Analyst, CIBC Capital Markets
- Prasanth Pahirathan, Manager Finance, TD Securities
- Andy Wang, Associate, Principal Credit Investments, CPP Investment Board
- Steve Balaban, Chief Investment Officer, Mink Capital and Lecturer, School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo