There are many ways to find academic help on campus!
Need help with math and computer science courses? There are many drop-in sessions you can attend throughout the term to get the academic support you need!
Computer Science Consulting Centre
Get support with your first and second-year computer science courses.
Support is available virtually or in person (by appointment only).
Things to remember
- To get the most out of the consulting centre, find times that are convenient for your schedule and avoid the peak times by starting your assignments early. Peak times are just before assignments are due.
- Bring your course notes with you so that your problem can be efficiently handled. If want help with a particular problem, bring your rough work.
- Once you've been given a hint to solve a problem, you should work on the problem alone until you either complete it or need more help. Don't expect complete solutions to problems since you won't learn that way.
Mathematics Tutoring Centre
We want to help students make the transition to university-level mathematics by supplying tutors who provide assistance on an individual basis to students in first- and second-year math core courses.
Advising is available virtually and in person.
Things to Remember
- To get the most out of the Tutorial Centre, find times that are convenient for your schedule and avoid the peak times by starting your assignments early.
- If you consult one of the tutors, please take your course notes with you so that your problem may be efficiently handled. Furthermore, if you need help with a particular problem, please bring your rough work with you in order to help the tutor in identifying your difficulty.
- Since you will not learn very much if a tutor tells you how to solve a problem, please do not expect the tutors to show you a complete solution. Once you have been given a hint, you should work on your problem alone until you either complete it or need further assistance.
If you're interested in general academic support as it relates to your time management, stress and anxiety, note taking, exam preparation and more, take a look at our student service resources available on and off campus.