Are you considering a career in computer science, but looking for an edge?
Are you interested in finance and accounting, but want something other than a general business degree?
Whether university is a few years down the road or right around the corner, it is never too soon to consider your future - and we sure are glad you’re considering Computing and Financial Management (CFM)!
How you will benefit…
- Reputation for innovation. University of Waterloo has consistently been ranked as Canada’s most innovative university for over 2 decades. By definition, the Computing and Financial Management program continues this tradition of innovation: it came to be as a result of co-founders who foresaw the necessity for modern professionals to possess in-depth understanding of computer science and finance. This means you gain expertise that will only appreciate in value.
- Experiential learning. 6 co-op work terms = 2 years of varied and relevant experience that will give you the confidence to speak to what you know and to get the job done. You’ll leave university with an impressive resume, a network of connections, and a clearer vision of what you want (and don’t want) to do.
- Programming with you in mind. You will participate in CFM and SAF events specifically designed to smooth the transition into university life, facilitate professional development, prepare you for the co-op job search process, and give you a competitive advantage.
- Graduate career ready. You'll be a valuable asset to any technology-dependent organization, especially financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies, and investment companies. They need professionals who are as comfortable with the sophisticated concepts of modern financial management as they are capable of developing and maintaining the software tools required to implement financial strategies. Your much-sought-after, interdisciplinary abilities will set you apart in the marketplace.
- Professional designation preparation. Interested in pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or continuing your studies at grad school? We can help you with that too! With professional pathways, CFM will give you the tools you need to achieve your goals.
- Supportive and friendly community. CFM admits 40 students each Fall, which means you’ll not only know your classmates, but you’ll rely on them. With upper-year students who are happy to share words of wisdom and forewarning and a dedicated Program Manager, your success is all but guaranteed.