Curious about your first year in Computing and Financial Management (CFM)? The world as you know it will expand exponentially as the variety of academic and social choices available to you open up.
Find out what you can expect to experience during your transition into life as a CFM student at the University of Waterloo.
School of Accounting and Finance (SAF) Clubs
- Accounting and Finance Student Association (AFSA) - Represent your SAF student body
- Arts Student Union (ASU) - Help organize events and sessions for Arts students
- Leadership opportunities - Get involved as a Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Peer Leader, Student Ambassador, or be part of the Financial Review Team
Cheriton School of Computer Science Clubs
- Computer Science Club - Represent your CS student body
- Math Society (Math Soc) - Organize events and sessions for math students, like Pi Day!
- Women in Computer Science (WICS) - Attend or help organize events and workshops with other female students!
If you're looking for a great way to keep in shape and have fun, join a Warrior recreation program or a varsity team. It's also a great way to make new friends, get involved on campus, and simply enjoy yourself.
Waterloo has 2 main athletic facilities on campus as well as gyms and recreational spaces in some residences.
Warrior Recreation offers many ways for you to stay active as part of a healthy lifestyle.
As one of Canada's most diverse campus recreation programs, Waterloo provides approximately 250 programs at a variety of levels. Stay fit with
- Aquatics, ice activities, and racquet sports
- 2,500 drop-in fitness & wellness classes, including power yoga, cycling, and Pilates
- Dance and martial arts
- Intramurals and tournaments
If you're looking for a highly competitive team that plays against other universities, and you're willing to volunteer significant time to training and competition, varsity sports are for you! We have 32 varsity teams in 19 sports ranging from badminton to rugby.
Learning outside the classroom
- Hack the North - Participate in North America's largest 3-day hackathon and solve real-world problems
- hEDGE Finance Conference - Attend or help organize this multi-day capital markets conference for students
- uWDECA - Develop your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills
With more than 50,000 university and college students and one of the youngest populations in Canada, Waterloo region has many restaurants, shops, and services geared to students!
To learn more, explore living in Waterloo!