Beginning in September every year, students will have the opportunity to apply to the School of Accounting and Finance Outreach & Ambassador Program (SOAP).
After submitting an online application, selected students will proceed to the interview stage. Candidates successful in the interview will then be required to attend a half day training designed to foster leadership, team building and communication skills, as well as gain program specific knowledge as it pertains to the recruitment cycle.
Your role will be to build and grow positive relationships in the community and specifically with future students. You will work closely with SAF staff and peers to help enhance our recruitment events, social media presence, and high school outreach.
Opportunities and events
As a valuable member of the team, you will be provided with several opportunities to experience: professional development opportunities, public relations, networking, generating a close connection to the School, and being part of a collaborative team. In addition, you will have an exclusive opportunity to take on a leadership role in the following events/activities:
- Ontario Universities Fair (OUF)
- Fall Open House (FOH)
- March Break Open House (MBOH)
- You @ Waterloo Day
- SAF receptions and competitions
- High School Outreach Program
- Social Media Outreach Program
- SAF Focus Groups
- Completion of the following:
- On-line application form
- SOAP interview
- Half day professional development training
- A strong desire to help enhance and be a part of the SOAP
- A one year commitment to SOAP (from October – October)
- A sense of responsibility to the advancement of SAF’s reputation and goal of attracting outstanding students
- A clear understanding of the SAF messaging, especially as it pertains to future students
- A passion for and knowledge of the School and your program
- Advanced skills and/or characteristics in the following areas:
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Team player
- Ability to make a great first impression
Any student who is registered in a full-time SAF program:
- Accounting and Financial Management (AFM)
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountant (Math/CPA)
- Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accountant (Biotech/CPA)
- Computing and Financial Management (CFM)
and meets the above-mentioned requirements can apply to the SOAP program. From there, representatives from the SAF Undergraduate Marketing and Recruitment team will contact a select group of students to move forward to the interview process.
Please note: Fellowship students are required to complete and submit an online application form, but will bypass the interview stage as they have already completed an extensive and comprehensive interview.
If you have any questions about the new SAF Outreach & Ambassador Program or how to apply, please contact Shirley Luu at email@example.com.