Beginning in September every year, students will have the opportunity to apply to our School of Accounting and Finance Outreach & Ambassador Program (SOAP).
If you are successful in your interview you will attend a half day workshop designed to foster better leadership, team building, communication, and program prerequisites skills so you can act as an SAF Ambassador at all times. We want you to foster positive relationships in the community and foster positive relationships with future students. You will work closely with SAF staff and peers to help enhance our recruitment events, social media outlets, and high school presentations.
Opportunities and events
As a valuable member of the team, you will be provided with several opportunities to experience: professional development opportunities, public relations, networking, generating a close connection to the School, and being part of a collaborative team. In addition, you will have an exclusive opportunity to take on a lead role in the following events/activities:
- Ontario Universities Fair (OUF)
- Fall Open House (FOH)
- March Break Open House (MBOH)
- You @ Waterloo Day
- SAF receptions and competitions
- High School Outreach Program
- Social Media Outreach Program
- SAF Focus Groups
- Completion of the following:
- On-line application form
- SOAP interview
- Two in-depth professional development training sessions
- A strong desire to help enhance and be a part of the SOAP
- A one year commitment to SOAP (from September – August)
- A sense of responsibility to the advancement of SAF’s aspiration in attracting outstanding students
- A clear understanding of the role you are undertaking
- A passion for and knowledge of the School and your program
- Advanced skills and/or characteristics in the following areas:
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Team player
- Ability to make a great first impression
Any student who is registered in a full-time SAF program:
- Accounting and Financial Management (AFM)
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountant (Math/CPA)
- Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accountant (Biotech/CPA)
- Computing and Financial Management (CFM)
and meets the above-mentioned requirements can apply to the SOAP program. From there, representatives from the SAF Undergraduate Marketing and Recruitment team will contact a select group of students to move forward to the interview process.
Please note: Fellowship students are required to complete and submit an online application form, but will bypass the interview stage as they have already completed an extensive and comprehensive interview.
If you have any questions about the new SAF Outreach & Ambassador Program or how to apply, please contact Shirley Luu at email@example.com.