Research Articles Published in 2018-2019
Peer Reviewed Publications in the Financial Times' Top 50 Journals
- Dan Amiram, Andrew M. Bauer, and Mary Margaret Frank. 2019. Tax avoidance at public corporations driven by shareholder taxes: Evidence from changes in dividend tax policy. The Accounting Review, forthcoming
- Andrew M. Bauer, Darren Henderson, and Dan Lynch. 2018. Supplier internal control quality and the duration of customer-supplier relationships. The Accounting Review, 93(3): 59-82
- David Guenther, David A. Guenther, Ryan J. Wilson, and Kaishu Wu. 2019. Tax Uncertainty and Incremental Tax Avoidance. The Accounting Review, 94, 229-247.
- Jeong-Bon Kim, Byron Song, and Theophanis C. Stratopoulos. 2018. Does information technology reputation affect bank loan terms? The Accounting Review, 93(3), 185–211
- Mark T. Bradshaw, Alan Guoming Huang, and Hongping Tan. 2018. The effects of analyst-country institutions on biased research: Evidence from target prices. Journal of Accounting Research, forthcoming
- Tim Bauer, and Cassandra Estep, 2018. One team or two? Investigating relationship quality between auditors and IT specialists: Implications for audit team identity and the audit process. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming
- Vishal Baloria, Kenneth Klassen, and Christine Wiedman, 2018. Shareholder activism and voluntary disclosure initiation: The case of political spending. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming
- Devan Mescall and Kenneth Klassen, 2018. How does transfer-pricing risk affect premiums in cross-border mergers and acquisitions? Contemporary Accounting Research, 35(2), 830-865.
- Ole-Kristian Hope, Haihao Lu, and Sasan Saiy. 2019. Director of Compensation and Related Party Transactions. The Review of Accounting Studies, forthcoming
- Matthew Cedegren, Changling Chen and Kai Chen. 2019. The Implication of Unrecognized Asset Value on the Relation between Market Valuation and Debt Valuation Adjustment. The Review of Accounting Studies, forthcoming
- Vishal Baloria and Kenneth Klassen, 2018. Supporting tax policy change through accounting discretion: Evidence from the 2012 elections. Management Science, 64(10), 4893-4914.
- Xiaojing Meng and Jie Joyce Tian. 2019. Board Expertise and Executive Incentives. Management Science, forthcoming
- Hua Jonathan Ye, and A.Kankanhalli. 2018. User Service Innovation on Mobile Phone Platforms: Investigating Impacts of Lead Userness, Toolkit Support, and Design Autonomy. MIS Quarterly, 42 (1), 165-187
- Christine Wiedman. 2019. Rewarding Collaborative Research: Role Congruity Bias and the Gender Pay Gap in Academe, Journal of Business Ethics, forthcoming
Bryan Church, Wei Jiang, Jason Kuang, and Adam Vitalis. 2018, A dollar for a tree or a tree for a dollar? The behavioral effects of measurement basis on managers' CSR investment decision. The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
Additional Peer Reviewed Publications
Archival/ Empirical research
- Hua Jonathan Ye, and A.Kankanhalli. 2019. Value Co-creation for Service Innovation: Examining the Relationships between Service Innovativeness, Customer Participation, and Mobile App Performance. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, forthcoming
- Hua Jonathan Ye. 2018. Encouraging Innovations of Quality from User Innovators: An Empirical Study of Mobile Data Services,” Service Science10(4), 379-477
- Yuanyue Feng, Hua Jonathan Ye, Ying Yu, Congcong Yang, and Tingru Cui. 2018. Gamification Artifacts and Crowdsourcing Participation: Examining the Mediating Role of Intrinsic Motivations. Computers in Human Behavior 81, 124-136
- Yan Li, Hua Jonathan Ye, Aoyan Liu, Xueping Yang, Xinwei Wang.2018. Will Digital Fluency Influence Social Media Use?: An Empirical Study of WeChat Users. The DATABASE for Advances in Information Systems49(4), 30-45
- J. Efrim Boritz, Jap Efendi, and Jee-Hae Lim. 2018. The Impact of Senior Management Competencies on the Voluntary Adoption of an Innovative Technology. Journal of Information Systems Vol. 32, No. 2 (Summer) : 25–46
- Alan Macnaughton and Luke Reed. 2019. Taxing Tips in an Electronic-Payments World. Canadian Tax Journal, forthcoming
- Ian Burt, Theresa Libby, and Adam Presslee. 2019. The Impact of Superior-Subordinate Identity and Ex Post Discretionary Goal Adjustment on Subordinate Expectancy of Reward and Performance. Journal of Management Accounting Research, forthcoming
- Joseph Fisher, Tim Mitchell, Sean Peffer and Alan Webb. 2018. Inequity aversion, incentives and social norms: The effects on budget preparation and use. Journal of Management Accounting Research, forthcoming
- Leslie Berger, L., Krista Fiolleau and C. MacTavish. 2019. I know something you don’t know: The effect of relative performance information and individual performance incentives on knowledge sharing. Journal of Management Accounting Research, forthcoming
- Krista Fiolleau, Kris Hoang and Brad Pomeroy. 2019. Auditors’ communications with audit committees: The influence of the audit committee’s oversight approach. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, forthcoming
- Krista Fiolleau, Theresa Libby and Linda Thorne. 2019. Dysfunctional behavior in organizations: Insights from the management control literature. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, forthcoming
- Eliezer Fich, Tu Nguyen, and Micah Officer. 2018. Large Wealth Creation in Mergers and Acquisitions. Financial Management47(4): 953-991
- Jie Cai and TuNguyen, 2018. Disciplinary Directors: Evidence from the Appointments of Outside Directors Who Have Fired CEOs. Journal of Banking and Finance96: 221-235
- Yi Shen and Tony Wirjanto. 2018. Stationarity as a Path Property. Probability and Mathematical Statistics, forthcoming
- Mingyu Fang, Ken Seng Tan, and Tony S. Wirjanto. 2018. Sustainable Portfolio Management under Climate Change, Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, Doi:10.1080/20430795.2018.1522583.
- David Melkuev, Danqiao Guo and Tony S. Wirjanto. 2018. Applications of Random-Matrix Theory and Nonparametric Change-Point Analysis to Three Notable Systemic Crises. A special issue on Systemic Risk Measurement in Quantitative Finance and Economics, 2(2): 413–467, doi: 10.3934/QFE.2018.2.413.
- Zhongxian Men and Tony S. Wirjanto. 2018. A New Variant of Estimation Approach to Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Model. A special issue on Volatility of Prices of Financial Assets in Quantitative Finance and Economics, 2(2): 325-347, doi: 10.3934/QFE.2018.2.325.
- Doug Andrews, Jaideep Oberoi, Tony S. Wirjanto and Chenggang M. Zhou. 2018. Demography and Inflation: An International Study. North American Actuarial Journal, https://doi.org/10.1080/10920272017.1387572.
- Tony S. Wirjanto, and Anyi Zhu. 2018. Implied Volatility Surfaces during the Period of Global Financial Crisis. International Journal of Financial Engineering, March, Vol. 05, No. 01, https://doi.org/10.1142/S2424786318500019.