Student Clubs and Organizations
As a part of the University of Waterloo Faculty of Arts, School of Accounting and Finance (SAF) students are welcome in university-, faculty-, and school-wide clubs and organizations.
SAF Student Clubs and Organizations:
- Accounting and Finance Student Association (AFSA) - Student government for SAF students
hEDGE Conference - student run national finance conference
University of Waterloo Accounting Conference (UWAC) - student run national accounting conference
Accounting and Finance Orientation Week (AFOW) - student run orientation week for SAF students
UWaterloo Women in Finance - student run initiative to promote careers in finance for women
Young Tax Professionals - program offering students interested in taxation the opportunity to closely interact with faculty, alumni, and other tax professionals
ACE Consulting - student run pro-bono consulting group
Non-Profit Organization Consulting (NPOC) - providing pro-bono accounting and business consultation services to non-profit organizations. Find out more about NPOC and why executive member Iris was motivated to join:
Student groups across campus:
- Arts Student Union (ASU) - the Faculty of Arts student government
- UW DECA - an international student organization that joins college and university students together to engage in business related activities.
- Academic societies for nearly every arts major
- Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) - UW's student government
- Imprint - UWaterloo's weekly student newspaper
- Arts Orientation Week - a fun-filled week of activities for incoming Arts students
See the full list of Waterloo Student Clubs and Organizations.
At SAF we believe in learning through experience as much as possible. Between participating in competitions, managing investment portfolios, travelling the world, and learning from peer mentors, there is so much to do beyond the classroom!
SAF students have access to countless resources including the CPA-SAF Centre for Capital Education. Many, like our Tax Tips for University Students, are prepared by upper-year SAF students.