In Computing and Financial Management (CFM), you'll study two majors in computer science and finance taking a balanced combination of computer science and math courses as well as accounting and financial management, economics and arts courses to shape your knowledge in computer science and finance.
In addition to your course studies, you'll get up to two years of work experience working for different companies as a co-op student. The knowledge that you'll gain inside and outside of the the classroom will prepare you for a full-time career in technology, finance and/or financial technology (FinTech).
- Balanced studies in computer science and finance - Computing and Financial Management (CFM) is made possible by the collaboration of two schools in two faculties: Canada's premier School of Accounting and Finance in the Faculty of Arts, and the world-renowned David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science in the Faculty of Mathematics. You'll take an equal number of courses offered by each school to prepare for your future career.
- Two years of co-op experience – Fund your education and grow your job skill set with 5-6 co-op opportunities. You will get real-life experience working with different companies in Canada or around the world.
- Prepare your career for a professional designation - CFM is a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) University Affiliation Program. As a CFM student, you'll take courses that are approved by the CFA Institute to prepare you to write the CFA exams.
- Earn the skills for full-time jobs that are in demand within the technology, finance and FinTech industry.
- One-on-one support - CFM students are well supported during their studies with a dedicated Program Manager. The Program Manager is the recruiter, academic advisor, and student engagement officer for all CFM students. Additionally, all first year CFM students receive guidance from our upper year students as part of our CFM Mentorship Program. If students decide to live in residence, they can choose to be part of our Living-Learning community. This will place them on a floor with other CFM students to receive support from an upper-year Peer Leader.
- A small community of students - With an entry-class of 45 students, CFM is a small program. Our students are eager to make connections and provide guidance on their learnings to others. You can expect to make lots of connections at our CFM events.
Discover other similar programs on campus to see how CFM compares.
- Accounting and Financial Management (AFM)
- Actuarial Science - Finance option
- Business Administration and Computer Science Double Degree (BBA/BCS)
- Computer Science
- Math/Chartered Professional Accountancy (CPA)
- Mathematical Finance
- Math/Financial Analysis and Risk Management (Math/FARM)