The Mathematics Tutoring Centre will be offering support virtually in Spring 2021.
The Tutoring Centre will be running online via Microsoft Teams for Spring 2021 term to provide students with help to succeed in first- and second-year core mathematics courses.
With a team of undergraduate and graduate students, we focus on 'students helping students': a goal to help each other succeed in academia. We encourage all students to join us in this opportunity to provide extended learning!
The Tutoring Centre is a free service for Waterloo students and will provide help in the following courses:
- MATH 127
- MATH 128
- MATH 135
- MATH 136
- MATH 137
- MATH 138
- MATH 235
- MATH 237
The tutoring centre will be available each weekday from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm EST.
How can I access the virtual tutoring centre?
- Download Microsoft Teams or use the browser version of Teams.
- Open and sign into Microsoft Teams using your Waterloo userID (for example, sgoose for Scholar the Goose).
- Click on the icon Teams on the left-hand side of the navigation bar as indicated in the image below. This will bring you to a list of Teams you are a member of.
- Click on Math Virtual Tutoring Centre to enter the centre.
- Please always remember to check in at the Front Desk when you begin your visit to the tutorial centre.
- Students should be auto-enrolled in the virtual tutoring centre as of May 11, 2021. If you are registered for one of these courses listed above but were not auto-enrolled then please contact Jordan Hamilton.
Quick tips to keep in mind before your visit
- Don't expect tutors to show you complete solutions as they want to help you learn!
- Once you have been given a hint, you should work on your problem alone until you either complete it or need further assistance.
Other tutoring resources
Students in need of private tutoring may want to check a list of tutors at Tutor Connect.