Researchers in the Faculty of Mathematics also collaborate across departments, schools, and Faculties in interdisciplinary research centres and institutes.
- The Business and Industrial Statistics Research Group (BISRG) consults with businesses and industry on a variety of shared goals and contemporary quality improvement issues. The group offers comprehensive knowledge and training to senior executives, managers and technical personnel seeking methods for improving the quality and productivity of their organization.
- The Centre for Computational Mathematics advances fundamental knowledge and application of all areas of computational mathematics (e.g., biology, medicine, finance, economics, physics) through basic and collaborative research.
- The Institute for Quantum Computing is a scientific research institute that harnesses the quantum laws of nature in order to develop powerful new technologies, initiative future economies, and drives applications in cybersecurity.
- The Survey Research Centre offers a spectrum of services ranging from design consultation to survey data collection to data analysis.
- Waterloo.ai connects researchers in foundational and operational AI include those in computer science, statistics and actuarial sciences, combinatorics and optimization science; management sciences, electrical and computer, mechanical and mechatronics, systems design, civil and environmental, and chemical engineering; public health, health systems, biology, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, and physics and astronomy.
- The Cybersecurity and Privacy Centre brings together experts in security and privacy-enhancing technologies.