Are you a proud Waterloo student?
Are you enjoying your student experiences in the Faculty of Mathematics?
Do you want to share that experience with potential new students and their families?
If you answered yes, we need you!
The deadline to submit for Spring 2023 by Thursday, June 1.
About the program
This is a volunteer program that will put your pride, experience, and knowledge to work; increase your knowledge of campus and the Faculty of Mathematics; and help to develop your leadership skills. You'll have the opportunity to share your valuable insight and experience with high school students and their parents, and tell everyone why you love Waterloo Math! If you have any questions you can reach us by email!
You can help with:
- Emails with prospective students
- Outreach and engagement programming
- Communications outreach (share your story with our communications team in print, online and on social media)
- Be in at least satisfactory academic standing
- Accountable - someone who follows through on commitments
- Well-rounded Waterloo engagement experience (i.e. clubs, volunteering, administrative service, etc.)
- Strong desire to represent the Faculty of Mathematics
- Ability to engage and communicate with people from various backgrounds and age groups (primarily parents and high school students)
- Ability to problem solve
What’s in it for you?
- Have a direct impact on someone’s university experience
- Make new friends with likeminded people who share similar passions
- Resume booster
- Possible letters of reference for outstanding work!
- Possible EDGE certification eligibility
- Connect with professors outside of the classroom
- Build skills (i.e. communication, organization, time management, etc.)
- Swag and free food!
- More opportunities to show off your Pink tie
Note: If you have volunteered at open house events in the past and want to help again, please apply through the Math Faculty Ambassador program.
Why become a Math Faculty Ambassador?
- Connect with other students in the faculty.
- Enhance your résumé with volunteer experience.
- Gain valuable references.
- Meet high school students who want to be where you are doing what you're doing.
- Get to know more about the Faculty of Mathematics, and meet professors and staff.
- Share your passion for math.
- And much more!