The Faculty of Mathematics Alumni Achievement Medal was established in 2002 to acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments and achievements of alumni of the Faculty to their communities and professions.
One (or more) medal(s) will be awarded annually at the spring Mathematics Convocation Dinner to individual(s) who have a minimum of ten years post-graduation experience and have demonstrated one or more of the following:
- Outstanding professional or business accomplishments
- Community service - recognizes the accomplishments of Waterloo Mathematics alumni in a lifetime of volunteer leadership and humanitarian endeavours.
- Academic excellence - recognizes the accomplishments of Waterloo Mathematics alumni in the pursuit of academic careers and research.
Note: Current or retired University of Waterloo faculty and staff are excluded.
Young Alumni Achievement Medal Criteria
The Faculty of Mathematics Young Alumni Achievement Medal was established in 2011, to acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments and achievements of young alumni of the Faculty to their communities and professions.
The award will examine the accomplishments of the nominee based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated business, entrepreneurship, mathematical and/or management accomplishments
- Demonstrated volunteer leadership and humanitarian endeavours
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the pursuit of academic careers and research
One medal will be awarded annually to an individual who:
- Has graduated within the last ten years from the Faculty of Mathematics
- Is 35 years of age or younger
- Has achieved notable level of success based upon, but not limited to the above criteria, including activities that inspire their peers, other young alumni, recent graduates, and current Mathematics/Computer Science students
Note: Current UWaterloo faculty and staff are excluded.
call for nominations
Friends, family, colleagues, faculty members and other alumni may nominate alumni candidates.
If you know of a worthy UWaterloo Mathematics graduate who, in your opinion, should be considered for a Faculty of Mathematics Alumni Achievement Medal please complete and submit the nomination form online.
Note: Only complete nominations will be accepted.
Nomination deadline for 2019 is Tuesday, April 30, 2019!