The Faculty of Mathematics Alumni Achievement Medal was established in 2002 to acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments and achievements of alumni of the Faculty to their communities and professions.
One (or more) medal(s) will be awarded annually at the spring Mathematics Convocation Dinner to individual(s) who have a minimum of ten years post-graduation experience and have demonstrated one or more of the following:
- Outstanding professional or business accomplishments
- Community service - recognizes the accomplishments of Waterloo Mathematics alumni in a lifetime of volunteer leadership and humanitarian endeavours.
- Academic excellence - recognizes the accomplishments of Waterloo Mathematics alumni in the pursuit of academic careers and research.
G.O.L.D. (Graduates of the last decade) Achievement Medal Criteria
The Faculty of Mathematics G.O.L.D Achievement Medal was established in 2011, to acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments and achievements of alumni of the Faculty to their communities and professions.
One (or more) medal(s) will be awarded annually to an individual who:
- Has graduated within the last ten years from the Faculty of Mathematics
- Has achieved a notable level of success based upon, but not limited to the above criteria, including activities that inspire their peers, other alumni, recent graduates, and current Mathematics/Computer Science students
Note: Current or retired University of Waterloo faculty and staff are excluded.
Call for nominations
Friends, family, colleagues, faculty members and other alumni may nominate alumni candidates.
If you know of a worthy UWaterloo Mathematics graduate who, in your opinion, should be considered for a Faculty of Mathematics Alumni Achievement Medal please complete and submit the nomination form online.
Note: Only complete nominations will be accepted.
The Nomination deadline for 2023 is Friday, April 30, 2023!