Apply to one or more of the following entry programs in the Faculty of Mathematics.
All of the programs listed below are available through both the co-op and the regular systems of study, with a few "co-op only" exceptions.
Follow the links below for program descriptions, lists of first-year and sample upper-year courses, and sample co-op jobs and jobs after graduation.
Business and accounting programs
Apply directly to these business and accounting programs:
- Business Administration and Mathematics Double Degree
- Mathematics/Business Administration (Math/BA)
- Information Technology Management (ITM) (major after first-year in Math/BA)
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy (Math/CPA)
- Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management (Math/FARM)
Computer science programs
Apply directly to these computer science programs:
- Business Administration and Computer Science Double Degree
- Computer Science (CS)
- Computing and Financial Management (CFM)
- Software Engineering
You cannot apply directly to the following programs. You apply to Mathematics for access to these majors that begin at the end of first year or later:
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Combinatorics and Optimization
- Computational Mathematics
- Data Science
- Mathematical Economics
- Mathematical Finance
- Mathematical Optimization (formerly known as Operations Research)
- Mathematical Physics
- Mathematical Studies
- Pure Mathematics
- Statistics for Health
- Waterloo Mathematics/Teaching
Mathematics/English Language for Academic Studies (Math/ELAS)
Learn more about Math/ELAS.