Faculty of Mathematics Awards for Distinction in Teaching
Up to two awards each year are granted to teachers in the Faculty of Mathematics who have consistently demonstrated outstanding pedagogical skills and a deep commitment to our students’ education. Outstanding teachers at all levels, from first year through to graduate studies, are eligible.
The winners are honoured by a public citation along with a cash prize.
Current students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to submit nominations
The deadline for nominations is May 17 each year.
About the Awards for Distinction in Teaching
The Awards originated under the leadership of former Dean Alan George and his advisory council.
The first Faculty of Mathematics Awards for Distinction in Teaching were presented in celebration of the fortieth anniversary of the Faculty, in 2007.
- 2007 - Beverly Marshman and Ian VanderBurgh
- 2008 - Robin Cohen and David McKinnon
- 2009 - Ian Goulden and Troy Vasiga
- 2010 - Serge D’Alessio and Alfred Menezes
- 2011 - J.P. Pretti and Jeffrey Shallit
- 2012 - Stephen New and Levent Tuncel
- 2013 - Yu-Ru Liu and Dan Wolczuk
- 2014 - Penny Haxell and Javid Ali
- 2015 - Steve Drekic and David Harmsworth
- 2016 - Ruxandra Moraru and John Watrous
- 2017 - David Jao and Pengfei Li