Funding for domestic graduate students
The Faculty of Mathematics and the University of Waterloo’s Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs have developed a $1.5 million funding initiative for full-time domestic graduate students.
Funding opportunities available for full-time domestic students include:
- if you are a new doctoral student with an average of at least 80%, then you will be considered for a Mathematics Domestic Doctoral Scholarship (MDDS) worth at least $5,000 per year for up to 2 to 4 years.
- if you are a new research Master’s student with average of at least 80% and do not hold a other major scholarship, then you are eligible for the $5,000 Mathematics Domestic Masters Scholarship (MDMS).
Contact the graduate coordinator in your department/school for more information:
- Applied Mathematics
- Combinatorics & Optimization
- Computational Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Pure Mathematics
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
Additional funding and opportunities
For other funding opportunities to support your graduate career, please see our Current Graduate Student Financial Support page.