There are a variety of opportunities to help support you in funding your education. We work closely with our Faculties, Departments, and external agencies to develop and promote competitive-based awards and scholarships, in addition to minimum funding, where applicable. There are also bursaries available to support students who demonstrate financial need, students with children, and students participating in academic or research travel.
- Minimum funding
- Waterloo awards and scholarships
- External awards
- Financial need funding
- Conference and international experience funding
- Indigenous funding opportunities (Indigenous Initiatives website)
- International student funding
- Self-funded full-time doctoral studies
- Graduate student employment
For information on funding events, webinars and additional resources, visit our Scholarship competition resources page.
Watch this video that explains some of the concepts and processes around funding your graduate education.