Mathematics is an active faculty, with numerous conferences, lectures, and social events.
Weekly summary of open research seminars for the Faculty.
There are a lot of on-campus opportunities to connect with others. These links will get you started!
- Campus recreation facilities, courses and intramurals
- Graduate Student Association events
- Orchestra @ Waterloo
- Student clubs and societies
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
- University of Waterloo Art Gallery
- University of Waterloo Theatre Centre
- University of Waterloo events calendar
- Women in Computer Science
- Women in Math
In the community…
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Region of Waterloo community events
- City of Waterloo community events
- Explore local trails and parks:
- Volunteer opportunities
The University of Waterloo is located in the City of Waterloo, a twin city with the City of Kitchener. The area is often referred to as Kitchener-Waterloo (KW). A safe, clean, and vibrant community, the twin cities feature two universities, a community college, dynamic shopping, eclectic restaurants, cultural venues, diverse cinemas, and beautiful parks. You can visit unique microbreweries, affordable golf courses, and sample traditional cuisine from around the world. The nearby local farmers′ markets are great places to visit as are interesting neighbouring towns such as Stratford, St. Jacob′s, Elora, and Fergus.
The twin-cities host events year-round including North America's largest Oktoberfest, Uptown Waterloo Jazz Festival and the Chriskindl Market. Cultural activities include the KW-Symphony, Centre in the Square theatre, comedy and musical productions and kids events. For more information about regional activities and events, check out Explore Waterloo Region.
Waterloo′s central location and close proximity to Toronto mean you can take in major theatre, entertainment and sporting events, including Raptors basketball, Maple Leafs hockey, and Blue Jays baseball.
Find out more about living in Waterloo!