The University of Waterloo's Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs has step-by-step application procedures.
Some departments or school admit students year round. Check department information for specific deadlines. International students must apply at least 6-8 months prior to desired admission date.
Find out more about specific admission requirements for the:
- Cheriton School of Computer Science
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Combinatorics & Optimization
- Department of Pure Mathematics
- Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
Admission Decision Timelines
The below timelines are estimates only and are subject to change during the review process based on the complexity of each application package and fluctuating application numbers.
For all programs except for the MMT:
- Fall (September) 2019 applications: end of May 2019
- Winter (January) 2020 applications: end of August 2019 (if applicable)
- Spring (May) 2020 applications: end of December 2019 (if applicable)
- Fall (September) 2020 applications: end of April 2020
For Master of Mathematics for Teachers:
- Fall (September) 2019 applications: end of June 2019
- Fall (September) 2020 applications: end of June 2020