We are thrilled that you are considering graduate studies at the University of Waterloo. We hope to support you as you prepare your application for submission. Please review the information below to help you during this process.
- Understand the types of admission
- Understand the admission and English language proficiency requirements
- Understand your application document requirements
- Learn more about writing your personal statement/letter of intent
- Learn more about your program. Do you need to find a supervisor in advance?
- Contact your referees
The University continues to monitor the provincial and regional health conditions. Before you apply, review the University of Waterloo COVID-19 vaccination requirement for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 health and vaccination requirements, restrictions, exemptions, and accommodations for University of Waterloo students.
The University of Waterloo is committed to ensuring you can access, and meaningfully participate in, your education. At any point in the application process, or when you are a registered student, we encourage you to reach out to AccessAbility Services for advice, information, and support. Request for disability-based graduate admission accommodation (on the AccessAbility website).