What is Math/Business Administration?
The Math/Business Administration single degree program provides more advanced quantitative and technical skills than traditional business or commerce programs. You’ll take courses from the Waterloo’s world-class Faculty of Mathematics and Wilfrid Laurier’s highly respected Lazaridis School of Business and Economics. Our students benefit from the more than 40+ years of well-established ties that the math/business programs have with industry for co-op and careers before and after graduation
The Mathematics/Business Administration plan provides an opportunity to combine courses in actuarial science, computer science, optimization, and statistics with courses in accounting, business, economics, human resource management and management sciences. Graduates are well prepared to use sophisticated analytical techniques in the solution of business-related problems and adapt to the rapidly changing modern business environment.
- Available as a co-op or regular program
- There are 40 courses for this degree
- Graduate with a Bachelor of Mathematics, major in Mathematics/Business Administration
- Math 135/145 - Classical Algebra
- Math 137/147 - Calculus 1
- CS 115/135/145 - Computer Science
- BUS 111W/ECON 101/102 or AFM 101
- A communications course
- BUS 227W - Introduction to Financial Accounting
- CO 370 - Deterministic OR Models
- CS 330 - Management Information Systems
- HRM 200 - Basic Human Resources Management
- MATBUS 371 - Introduction to Corporate Finance
Sample co-op jobs
- Data Analyst, General Electric
- Marketing/Business Development, TD Bank
- Portfolio Analyst Intern, Microsoft Corporation
- Project Management Officer, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Software Developer, Deloitte
- Management Consultant, Monitor Co.
- Marketing Specialist, Lotus Development Canada Ltd.
- Technical Support Analyst, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)
- Technical Trainer, Icon Entertainment
Diana has worked for companies big and small on co-op. She's worked for the University of Waterloo as an Online Learning Assistant and as a Data Scientist and Database Engineer for a start up company. She's involved in karate, watersports, volleyball and jiujitsu and has been a member of these clubs at Waterloo. She loves sports and enjoys staying active all year round! She is considering majoring in Statistics and Mathematical Optimization with her program. She speaks English, Romainian and French and loves playing board games, cards and reading dystopian fiction. She has many interests!
Nicholas’ extracurriculars include being a Math Ambassador and a Special Events Residence Ambassador.
If you're interested in Mathematics/Business Administration, you may also be interested in these programs that offer similar courses or career opportunities:
How to apply
Apply directly to Mathematics/Business Administration for admissions consideration. You can declare a major through this program after first year by speaking with an academic advisor.
Find out more information on the steps to apply.