Welcome to the Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute
Canada can be a world leader in cybersecurity and privacy, exploiting a growing need for solutions by exporting innovations in platforms, software and services to the world. Waterloo is Canada’s leader at turning information and communication technology (ICT) research into innovations that create economic advantage.
Waterloo has world-leading research strengths in:
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Human-computer interaction
- Networks and distributed systems
- Mathematics relevant to cryptography.
Waterloo is uniquely capable of devising effective cybersecurity and privacy tools and technologies, commercializing these tools and technologies, developing the next generation of cybersecurity leaders, and leading an industry-academic collaboration.
Florian Kerschbaum - Executive Director
Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute 519-888-4567 ext. 37746
- Oct. 31, 2019
The Association for Computing Machinery has named Professor Florian Kerschbaum a Distinguished Member. He joins 62 individuals globally who have received this prestigious recognition in 2019 for outstanding scientific contributions.
- Oct. 10, 2019The Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute (CPI) held its second Annual Event on October 2 in Federation Hall. The Annual Event highlights the most recent ideas in research and industry related to cybersecurity and privacy with local and global perspectives.
- Sep. 24, 2019
A pair of second-year University of Waterloo students shared the top prize at the inaugural Citizen Hacks, a recent hackathon focused on creating technology to protect privacy.