As a graduate student of the Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute (CPI) you have resources available to you at both CPI and your home department at the University of Waterloo.
Training opportunities for graduate students
CryptoWorks21 is a supplementary program for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows developing next-generation cryptographic tools.
Since 2017, the program has been supported by the University of Waterloo and a donation from RBC.
The program is led out of the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) at the University of Waterloo, and is aligned with the Waterloo Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute (CPI). Students and faculty members at McGill University, the University of Calgary and Université de Montréal also participate, and we work with partners and collaborators across Canada and around the world.
CryptoWorks21 aims to:
- Prepare a new generation of researchers to create quantum-safe tools for the 21st century
- Provide professional knowledge and technical skills for all researchers
- Foster collaboration between young scientists and experts in quantum and cryptographic research
- Enable students to build relationships with cryptographic communities in academia, industry, and government
- Encourage collaboration between students and partners in mathematics, computer science, physics and engineering
Resources for graduate students
The University of Waterloo is committed to your personal and academic success. There are a number of resources available to support you in being at your best.
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs can help you with funding and awards, enrolment and professional development.
- Student Success Office offers programming such as academic and personal development, immigration support, and campus orientation.
- International Student Guide is available to help you prepare for your trip to Canada.
- Campus Wellness provides primary medical care and mental health services.
- Health Services makes getting comprehensive and confidential medical care on campus convenient.
- IQC Graduate Students Association keeps a Facebook page current with upcoming events.
- Graduate Students Associate offers services and ways to connect with other graduate students on campus.
- Check the events calendar for upcoming seminars, colloquiums, lectures and conferences.