Welcome to the Cybersecurity & Privacy Institute Student Member Page
CPI is proud to offer Student Membership to the University of Waterloo Undergraduate and Graduate Student Community.
CPI’s vision is to be internationally recognized as a leading interdisciplinary research institute making significant impacts in improving information security and human privacy. Waterloo is uniquely capable of devising effective cybersecurity and privacy tools and technologies, commercializing these advancements, developing the next generation of cybersecurity leaders, and leading industry-academic collaboration. CPI understands that students are a crucial community and resource that must be supported in order to achieve this vision. Students are the lifeline and talent pool from which many academic efforts are predicated upon.
Student membership benefits include:
- being notified of and potentially considered for scholarship opportunities (see here for details)
- receiving our CPI Students newsletter and being put on our CPI Students mailing list, which will notify you of upcoming events and academic opportunities
- internship and volunteer opportunities
- being listed on the CPI Webpage as a Member here
- you may include CPI Membership on your CV
- inclusion in CPI funded events, such as our Annual Conference or Faculty mixers
- being able to present posters at CPI events
- ongoing student input portal; we are here to support you and we welcome your ideas!
We also welcome your feedback, comments, and future ideas, please take a moment to fill out our CPI Student Survey here.