Welcome to Continuous Improvement at Waterloo
The University of Waterloo is a world class employer, building on our willingness to innovate and embrace new approaches to doing our work in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
The University of Waterloo will continuously improve how we work together, both internally and externally, to deliver world class experiences to students and employees.
- To establish and execute a continuous improvement 3-5 year plan.
- Develop a management framework and body of knowledge
- Establish and deliver a formal training/education curriculum
- Create an environment of knowledge sharing internal and external to the University
- Establish a continuous improvement measurement process
- Achieve institutional quantitative and qualitative improvements
- June 29, 2021
The University of Regina’s and the University of Waterloo’s Lean/Continuous Improvement (CI) communities have launched the Lean HE Canada network to provide university and college Lean/CI practitioners and those interested with an opportunity to network and share best practices in the higher education sector to meet the demand of Lean/CI in Canada.
- Apr. 19, 2021
The Office of the Associate Provost, Human Resources is excited to announce the successful launch of a University wide Continuous Improvement (CI) and Change Management (CM) Community of Practice. To further develop institutional CI/CM expertise, the CoP aims to provide a supportive space for those seeking to learn more about CI and CM or, those who are already working on similar initiatives.
- Mar. 27, 2020
On March 12th, Human Resources hosted a Continuous Improvement (CI) Seminar for the University of Waterloo Leadership and executive team as well as leaders from the University of Toronto, Laurier, Carleton, McMaster, and Ryerson.