The University of Waterloo is a world-class employer, building on our willingness to innovate and embrace new approaches to doing our work in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
The University of Waterloo will continuously improve how we work together, both internally and externally, to deliver world-class experiences to students and employees.
- To establish and execute a continuous improvement 3-5 year plan.
- Develop a management framework and body of knowledge
- Establish and deliver a formal training/education curriculum
- Create an environment of knowledge sharing internal and external to the University
- Establish a continuous improvement measurement process
- Achieve institutional quantitative and qualitative improvements
Continuous Improvement (CI) Committees at Waterloo
Supporting the University's 2020-2025 Strategic plan, a formal committee was formed in 2016, under the leadership of a CI Executive Steering committee, consisting of multiple representatives within 8 different departments and faculties. Learn more about the members of these committees.
The CI Committee at Waterloo has collaborated with multiple departments and faculties on CI projects and initiatives. These projects range from process mapping, root-cause analysis, and future state implementation. To learn more about these projects, visit our Case Studies page. If you require support or have an idea for a Continuous Improvement project or initiative, complete this short form.