Professor, SVC Ripple Labs Chair
Phone: 519-888-4567 x42868
Location: E7 5434
Anwar Hasan is the Ripple Chair and an Electrical and Computer Engineering Professor at the University of Waterloo. He is also a faculty member at the Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research. From January 2013 to April 2018, he was the Faculty of Engineering's Associate Dean of Research and External Partnerships. Professor Hasan’s research interests include cryptographic computations and embedded systems, dependable and secure computing, and security for cloud and Internet of Things.
He has made contributions to multiple books, journal and conference articles and has also received several awards for his many achievements in research.
- Cryptographic Hardware
- Embedded systems
- Dependable and Secure Computing
- Computer Arithmetic
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Security
- Network Security
- Computer & Software Engineering
- Cloud Technology
- Privacy and cryptography
- Information security
- Network security
- Operational security
- 1992, Doctorate, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, University of Victoria
- 1988, Master's, Computer Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka
- 1986, Bachelor's, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka
- ECE 124 - Digital Circuits and Systems
- Taught in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- ECE 720 - Special Topics in Computers and Digital Systems Software
- Taught in 2020
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- M. Cenk and M.A. Hasan, On the Arithmetic Complexity of Strassen-Like Matrix Multiplications, Journal of Symbolic Computation, 80(2), 2017, 848 - 501
- J.-C. Bajard, J. Eynard, A. Hasan and V. Zucca, A Full RNS Variant of FV like Somewhat Homomorphic Encryption Schemes, Selected Areas in Cryptology, St. John’s, NL, 2016
- N. Meloni and M. A. Hasan, Efficient Double Bases for Scalar Multiplication, IEEE Trans. Computers, 64(8), 2015, 2204 - 2212
- A. Barsoum and M. A. Hasan, Provable Multi-Copy Dynamic Data Possession in Cloud Computing Systems, IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security, March, 2015, 485 - 497
- P. Tysowski and M. A. Hasan, Hybrid Attribute- and Re-Encryption-Based Key Management for Secure and Scalable Mobile Applications in Clouds, IEEE Trans. Cloud Computing, 2013, 172 - 186
- M. A. Hasan and C. Negre, Multi-way Splitting Method for Toeplitz Matrix Vector Product, IEEE Trans. Computers, July, 2013, 1467 - 1471
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.