Rodolfo Pellizzoni is an Associate Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department at the University of Waterloo.
His main research focus is the development of new hardware and software architectures for Cyber-Physical Systems - the next generation of high-performance, safety-critical embedded systems. Due to the requirements imposed by these systems in term of performance, safety and timing predictability; it is a multidisciplinary effort involving embedded system architecture and hardware/software co-design, real-time resource management, timing analysis and operating systems.
In addition to his research work, Professor Pellizzoni has published over 50 refereed journal articles, refereed conference proceedings, workshop publications and technical reports.
- Embedded Systems Architectures
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Real-Time Operating Systems and Resource Management
- autonomous and connected car
- Connectivity and Internet of Things
- Infrastructure integrity
- Dependability and security
- 2010, Doctorate, Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2005, Master's, Computer Engineering, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa
- 2004, Bachelor's, Computer Science, University of Pisa
- ECE 224 - Embedded Microprocessor Systems
- Taught in 2019, 2020, 2022
- ECE 350 - Real-Time Operating Systems
- Taught in 2021
- ECE 423 - Embedded Computer Systems
- Taught in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Wu, Zheng Pei and Pellizzoni, Rodolfo and Guo, Danlu, A composable worst case latency analysis for multi-rank DRAM devices under open row policy, Real-Time Systems, 2017, 1 - 47
- Yun, Heechul and Yao, Gang and Pellizzoni, Rodolfo and Caccamo, Marco and Sha, Lui, Memory bandwidth management for efficient performance isolation in multi-core platforms, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 65(2), 2016, 562 - 576
- Mohan, Sibin and Yoon, Man-Ki and Pellizzoni, Rodolfo and Bobba, Rakesh B, Integrating security constraints into fixed priority real-time schedulers, Real-Time Systems, 2016, 1 - 31
- Yao, Gang and Yun, Heechul and Wu, Zheng Pei and Pellizzoni, Rodolfo and Caccamo, Marco and Sha, Lui, Schedulability analysis for memory bandwidth regulated multicore real-time systems, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 65(2), 2016, 601 - 614
- Yao, Gang and Pellizzoni, Rodolfo and Bak, Stanley and Yun, Heechul and Caccamo, Marco, Global real-time memory-centric scheduling for multicore systems, , 2015
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.
- Has Approved Doctoral Dissertation Supervisor (ADDS) status