Thursday, August 20, 2020 12:00 am - Friday, December 31, 2021 12:00 am EDT
This online learning module has been prepared for you by Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion to ensure that every employee of the University of Waterloo:
- is able to identify behaviours that may be considered harassment or discrimination,
- understands what resources and supports are in place for those concerned about harassment and discrimination on campus, and
- is prepared to respond effectively if someone comes to them with concerns related to harassment and discrimination on campus.
This online module is available at anytime.
Step 1 - To enroll in the training module:
- Log into LEARN.
- Select "Self-Registration" (top middle of the LEARN homepage)
- Search through the listings for the training title, "Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace" and select it.
- Select "Register"
- The training module will then be available to start
- If the login fails contact email@example.com for assistance
Step 2 – To begin the module:
- Ensure you are logged into LEARN
- Under the “Courses and Communities” heading on the main LEARN site, select "Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace: A Primer for UW Employees".
- Open the “Content” tab at the top of the page.
- Open the “Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace Landing Page”
Step 3 – To enroll in the appropriate training group:
- On the Landing Page, you will see that there are 7 different modules for seven different groups of employees on campus:
- UW Teaching Assistants
- UW Residence Life and Student Development Staff
- UW Staff (no supervisory responsibilities)
- UW Supervisory Staff
- UW CUPE Staff (no supervisory responsibilities)
- UW CUPE Supervisory Staff
- UW Faculty, Post doctoral Fellows and Research Assistants
- To begin your training, make sure you start by enrolling in the group that best fits your role on campus.
- Then select the training track that matches the group in which you enrolled