Welcome to the Foldvari Research Group
Drug Delivery and Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Laboratory
Dr. Marianna Foldvari is the Canada Research Chair in Bionanotechnology and Nanomedicine and a Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Waterloo’s School of Pharmacy. Dr. Foldvari’s expertise is in pharmaceutics, dosage forms, drug delivery system design (dermal, transdermal, transmucosal, ocular, and intranasal), nanotechnology, non-viral delivery methods and vaccine development.
Currently, the Foldvari Group is investigating novel materials, methods, mechanisms and pathways to enable the discovery and invention of needle-free administration of medicines. We are working on developing non-invasive drug delivery technologies and pharmaceutical products based on these technologies.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop novel delivery systems and formulations for drugs, proteins, nucleic acids and vaccines
- Create hybrid systems, e.g., DNA-nanoparticles, carbon nanotube composites and other unique structures
- Create nanoprobe systems for diagnostics and repair of biological functions
- Investigate natural and synthetic materials for fabrication of delivery and diagnostic systems
- Create interfacing methods between physical and biological systems
- Investigate molecular functions at the bio/nano interface using computer modelling and visualization of the delivery systems
- Dec. 2, 2014
- Dec. 2, 2014
- Jan. 6, 2014