Lowell Williamson joined Applied Health Sciences (AHS) Computing in 1999 as a co-op student consultant while he was a student in History at the University of Waterloo. After graduation, he started full-time as an IT specialist. He has been a full-time member of the AHS Computing team since 2000.
Hons B.A. (Waterloo)
Primary and secondary responsibilities
- System administration of the student computing environment. System administration of Windows servers, installing and packaging software, overseeing Active Directory pertaining to students, and other duties with respect to the student lab computing environment.
- Departmental support: Recreation and Leisure Studies, Dean’s Office, and AHS graduate students’ system administration and desktop support.
- Maintenance of AHS backup servers.
- Purchasing and imaging new office computers.
- Secondary responsibility: Department of Kinesiology and research areas, Propel Centre for Population Health Impact, AHS Web, and network administration.
- Waterloo Nexus Advisory Group (WNAG). Secretary.
- Campus Printer Accounting Committee. Member. Pilot-tester.
- Professional Development Advisory Group (PDAG). Member.
- Green IT Committee. Member.
- Faculty Computing User Support Group (FACCUS) Member.
- Help Desk Initiatives Committee. Member.
- WatITis Planning Committee. Member/Past-chair.
- Campus Antivirus committee. Member.
- Desktop Rollover committee. Member.