Speaker: Daniel Opperwall (online learning consultant, CEL)
Do you have a great idea for an OER but need to find the right platform to build it? PressBooks might be a good choice. Available for free to members of the University of Waterloo community thanks to the sponsorship of eCampus Ontario, PressBooks is an easy-to-use digital publishing tool for creating online books, along with e-books and even print materials. This 1-hour session will provide an overview of PressBooks and how it can be used to build and host your OER including examples of successful OER projects that have used the platform. The session will also include a walk-through for how to set up key features in PressBooks, followed by time for Q&A.
In the session you will learn:
- What kinds of digital and other materials PressBooks can create
- What the limitations of the PressBooks platform are
- How to get started in the PressBooks editor
- How to incorporate H5P interactive elements in a PressBooks website
- Where to find more information and documentation about advanced features of PressBooks
Participants who wish to actively follow along during the walkthrough will need to set up their account with eCampus Ontario in advance by visiting the eCO Open Library and clicking “Request Account” at the top of the page. However, an account is not required for this session and the information and instructions will be relevant to all participants.
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device