Appeal disciplinary action and/or eviction
In order to appeal disciplinary action and/or eviction from Renison residence, the student must submit a Notice of Appeal to the Vice President, Student Affairs and Community Education within ten (10) working days of the action and/or eviction being appealed.
Please deliver your completed form to the Renison Reception Office. Attention: Vice President, Student Affairs and Community Education
The Notice of Appeal must include:
- The date of submission, full name, student ID#, and contact information and signature.
- What is being appealed:
- A finding that conduct amounted to misconduct; or
- The penalty imposed.
- The reasons for appealing the decision, including an explanation of the circumstance(s) claimed (see below) as a ground for the appeal:
- There was a fundamental procedural error seriously prejudicial.
- There was clear evidence of bias in the process or decision.
- The severity of the penalty imposed exceeds the nature of the offence for reasons identified.
- The result being sought.
The Notice of Appeal will be reviewed by the Vice President, Student Affairs and Community Education or his/her designate who will contact the student to arrange a meeting to review the appeal. The Vice President, Student Affairs and Community Education or his/her designate will also meet with residence staff and take whatever steps are seen to be appropriate in the circumstances to review the appeal.
Normally within 20 working days of receiving the Notice of Appeal the Vice President, Student Affairs and Community Education or his/her designate shall deliver to the student a written decision with reasons.
Should the student be able to satisfy a ground for appeal set out above, a final appeal can be made following the process set out above with the notice delivered to the President, Renison University College. A decision of the President, Renison University College is final.
Date updated: November 20, 2019