If you lived at Renison, you would be home by now.
Renison University College is one of the closest residences to your classes at Waterloo and has one of the largest meal plans.
Supporting an intimate community more than 200 residents every year, along with the lowest don-to-student ratio of 1:22, Renison has a unique environment that current residents describe as "close-knit community, friendly and fun".
If you are looking for a place to find life-long friendships you will find it at Renison.
What's great about Renison Residence?
Lots! Here's some quick facts...
- We have the lowest Student-to-Don ratio at the University of Waterloo (1:22 students), meaning you have lots of support available to adjust to university life
- Access to our Student Experience & Housing team for support in navigating residence and university life, including senior Residence Dons, upper-year Peer Leaders, Chaplain, Housing Manager, Student Experience Coordinators, Assistant Director, and Student Advisor!
- Access to exclusive financial awards and bursaries available only for Renison residents
- Fully renovated rooms with extra storage, new furnishings, and lighting
- Our very own Lusi Wong Library with bookable group study rooms, cozy study spaces, and access to the Tri-University drop-off and distribution centre to help you with your study needs
- Conveniently located on the University of Waterloo campus and only a short 5-minute walk from most classroom buildings
- 25% of beds are interconnecting suites with semi-private baths and central air
We also have...
Laundry Facilities on site
that are conveniently connected to your WatCard student card (no need to save quarters!)
Wireless Internet Access
through the University of Waterloo's Eduroam Wi-Fi service
with foosball, ping pong, billiards table, and access to tons of board games (we call it our Moose Room!)
Social Lounges with Large-Screen TVs
that are popular for movie nights, Smash Bros tournaments, and sports games!
Access to Pianos & Music Jams
including regular coffee house music nights, music jam sessions, and places where you can practice your own musical instruments
...and much more to be proud to call Renison your home away from home!
Learn more about your Residence Experience...
Here's more reasons why...
Don to resident ratio
At one don for every nineteen students, we have the lowest don to resident ratio on the Waterloo campus. This means that you will have plenty of upper-year students to help you navigate university life in your first year.
What exactly is a don?
Our Dons are upper year students who have been trained extensively in first aid, fire safety, communication skills, dealing with roommate conflicts, and handling disciplinary problems.
The dons work very hard at making a close knit community on their floor. They plan many activities and have an open door policy.
When you live in Renison Residence, you will be asked to share your hobbies and interests with us before you move into residence. This will allow us to match you with a roommate who shares common hobbies and interests!
Here are Margaret and Nikita talking about what it is like to have a roommate at Renison.
Renison is home to the Social Developmental Studies (SDS), Warrior Academic Leadership Community (WALC), and Bridge to Academic Success in English (BASE) Living-Learning Communities. This is an academically supported living arrangement where these students benefit from specialized peer leader support, as well as workshops, events, and study sessions specifically for them.
At Renison, your friends, roommates, and classmates are all rolled into one, which means you'll get the best of both worlds. You'll find a small, caring place to call home that will help you focus on your studies.
Let us tell you about the application process!
|Incoming First-Year Students
|Upper-Year Students and Exchange Students
Applying from February 1 to June 3, 2024
Once you have decided to attend the University of Waterloo, the next step is choosing where you will live in your first year. Renison works closely with the University of Waterloo (including Campus Housing and the University Colleges) to ensure all first-year students who apply for on-campus housing before June 30, 2024 will have a guaranteed place in our residences.
Applying after June 3
To apply after June 3, please complete the Renison Residence online application form.
Please apply directly to Renison through our online application form.