Giang Tran is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Waterloo. Previously, she was a Bing Instructor at the University of Texas at Austin from 2015 to 2017. She received a Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of California, Los Angeles, under the supervision of Stanley Osher; an M.S. in Mathematics from the University of Strasbourg, France, under the supervision of Christian Kassel; and a B.S. from Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam. Her research interests are sparse modeling and optimization methods, compressed sensing, image processing, and data science.
Grants and Awards
- NSERC Discovery Grant, 2018 - 2023
- R.H. Bing Fellowship, UT Austin, 2015 - 2017
- SIAM Student Paper Prize, 2015
- Beckenbach Dissertation Year Fellowship, 2014 - 2015
- Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship, 2009 - 2014