Social Development Studies is an interdisciplinary social science program with courses covering topics in social work, psychology, sociology, education, and associated topics.
Students can pursue an SDS major (12-16 courses) with optional specialization(s) (5-6 courses), or a an SDS minor (8 courses). Co-op is available for students in the Honours major plan, pending requirements.
There's a lot of resources for UWaterloo students and it's hard to know where to start - consider this your hub for "all things SDS"!
|Key Websites||SDS Degree||Enrolling in Courses|
|Class Help & Finances||Gain Experience||Get Connected|
Start here: New to SDS?
Enrolling in Courses
- Schedule of Classes - review next-term's course offerings
- Undergrad Calendar - confirm requisites and description
- Quest - enroll in classes
- Quest Help
- Enrolment FAQ's
- Renison Waitlist (open pre-term start)
- Arts - Enrolment Issues next-steps
- LEARN - online class platform
- LEARN Help - troubleshoot issues
- Centre for Extended Learning - online course search and exams
- Booklook & WUSA Used books - find your textbook
- Library - research and assignment supports
- Assignment Planner - break down big projects
- Student Success Office - peer supports, skill building, proactive tips
- Writing Centre - appointments, resources, strategies
- SDS 496R: Applied Apprenticeship - experiential 4th year course
- SDS Co-op Program - open to Honours students*
- EDGE - certificate program for non-co-op students
*not all students can participate in co-op. Talk to your academic advisor.
- Waterloo Works - apply for jobs/volunteering or attend useful workshops
- Renison Student Leadership Positions
- UW and University College Opportunities
- Volunteer Waterloo Region - local volunteering hub
- Sustainability opportunities
- Centre for Career Development - supports/resources for career and school planning
- Go on an academic exchange
- How to Ask for an Academic Reference Letter - post-grad applications
- AccessAbility Services - academic accommodations for suspected or diagnosed disability/injury/illness
- Counselling Services - short-term individual therapy and group opportunities
- Renison Chaplain - connect with our Chaplain Scott!
- Athletics and Recreation - get active!
- GLOW Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
- MATES - trained upper-year peer support
- Off-campus Community
- RAISE: Racial Advocacy for Inclusion, Solidarity, and Equity
- WISC: Waterloo Indigenous Student Centre
- Women's Centre
- WUSA - your undergraduate student government