SCCR strives to provide high quality services for University of Waterloo researchers and the broader community. Our services can be broadly grouped into three categories:
The goal of the statistics help desk is to provide information to help with data analysis to advance your research. The SCCR team will be pleased to advise on:
- Designing experiments or studies that produce statistically meaningful results
- Selecting proper statistical methods for analyzing data and interpreting results
The SCCR consultants at the help desk can resolve many statistical problems commonly encountered by most UWaterloo researchers. Appointments are conducted via Zoom and by appointment only. The help desk is unavailable in between study terms.
SCCR does not charge University of Waterloo faculty or graduate students for statistical advice.
Ideas start here! Research is an integral and intensive area at the University of Waterloo. As collaborators, we work towards fully understanding the context of your research and provide guidance on getting the most out of your resources. Our services includes, but not limited to:
- identify clear research questions that can be answered quantitatively
- establish a sampling or experimental plan that will provide enough power to support or refute research hypotheses
- suggest additional research questions that can be addressed by collected data
- perform statistical analyses
- assist in presentation of quantitative findings
- pursuing research opportunities generated from unresolved issues brought forward
Contact us early to discuss potential collaborative work. We can arrange for a research assistant if funding is provided.
SCCR also provides services to external entities such as researchers from other universities, government institutions, private and public companies. We may be involved as collaborators, or function similarly to a private consulting firm. Contact us to make arrangement for further discussion.