Part of what makes the University of Waterloo an outstanding institution is the commitment that leaders like you have made to support our students, academic programs, and research. Your gifts provide vital support to innovative learning, research, and discovery.
The 1957 Society recognizes donors whose cumulative gifts have reached $100,000 or more. Members of this prestigious society play a pivotal role in shaping the University's future by providing vital resources to support our commitment to innovative learning, research, and discovery. They inspire others with their confidence in Waterloo, and their generosity is helping to make a better future for Canada and the world.
Society members receive:
- an invitation to the President's reception;
- updates on achievements and activities, through communications and special events;
- opportunities to meet with other leading supporters at special events;
- the satisfaction of helping to ensure the continued excellence of the University.
For more information, contact Karen Browne.
Established in 1998, the Laurel Society honours individuals who indicate they are giving a planned or deferred gift (such as a bequest, life insurance, or charitable gift annuity). These gifts will:
- endow new scholarships to recognize the academic excellence of our future students
- provide funds for special projects within the faculties and schools
- furnish critical resources for the highest priorities of the University, a department, faculty, or University college.
For more information, contact Sharon McKay-Todd
The Circle Program honours and celebrates the most generous among our annual supporters. Circle members receive the following gestures of appreciation:
- an invitation to attend our annual President’s Reception, which brings Circle members together with our senior leaders
- select publications and communiqués
- recognition in the annual honour roll of donors on our website
- special invitations and other courtesies