Our mission statement
We strive to provide quality survey research and training to the university and larger community through courses, consultation, seminars and a full range of data collection services.
About the Survey Research Centre:
- The Survey Research Centre (SRC) was initiated in 1997 and was approved by University of Waterloo Senate in 1999 as a research centre.
- We support an 18 station computer assisted telephone call centre.
- We provide consultation on all aspects of survey research, from questionnaire design to data analysis.
- Our priorities are to support the University of Waterloo faculty and administration, researchers from other universities, and regional governments in their primary data collection needs.
- We strive to provide quality survey research services. As a small academic centre, we do not attempt to match commercial firms in speed of collection; we focus on good response rates, attention to detail, and adherence to a high standard of research.
- The SRC has conducted many substantial telephone surveys, as well as consulted on dozens of mail, face to face and web surveys on behalf of university researchers and external agencies. Sample sizes have ranged from 100 to 20,000 cases.
- Over the past several years, we have continued to develop our expertise in web surveys, which are an increasingly affordable way to conduct surveys.
- The SRC provides questionnaire design, programming, hosting and data analysis for web based surveys.
- The SRC is a co-operative venture between the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science and the Department of Sociology at the University of Waterloo. We are located on the second floor of the Mathematics 3 building.
The objectives of the Survey Research Centre:
- Contributing to research in survey methodology, and encouraging cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Helping to communicate research findings and activity, and making survey method resources and expertise visible and easily accessible, at UWaterloo and externally.
- Contributing to education and training.
- Providing advice and support to researchers and administration at UWaterloo.
- Providing survey research services to academic researchers and external clients.
For more information, please contact us.