Who we are
The Survey Research Centre is a cost-recovery research centre at the University of Waterloo serving academic and institutional researchers. We offer a full range of tailored services from a simple consultation to a complete package of survey design, programming, data collection and top-line analysis.
How we can help you
We understand that each research project is unique. We focus on your research objectives, using best practice approaches to tailor the research methodology aimed at producing valid, reliable and useful data. While it is optimal to involve us at the beginning of the research project when preparing grant applications or designing a survey, our services are available at any time during the research process.
Why choose the Survey Research Centre
As a small, academic centre, we have the flexibility to customize our services to your research needs. We have experience deftly tackling the unique requirements and challenges of survey research projects. As a small, experienced team, we are able to concentrate on excellent customer service, attention to detail and adherence to rigorous standards of research. Please read what our clients say about us.
Our location within the University of Waterloo provides us with a unique opportunity to employ exceptional, engaged undergraduate and graduate students to conduct primary research in our call centre. Our centre benefits greatly from their insight and skills.
We strive to provide quality survey research and training to the university and larger community through courses, consultation, seminars and a full range of data collection services.
- Providing high-quality survey research services to academic and institutional researchers.
- Contributing to research in survey methodology, and encouraging cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Helping to communicate research findings and activity, and making survey method resources and expertise visible and easily accessible, at the University of Waterloo and externally.
- Contributing to education and training.
- Providing advice and support to researchers and administration at the University of Waterloo.
The Survey Research Centre supports the University of Waterloo strategic plan by:
- Supporting transformation research by University of Waterloo faculty and students
- Offering opportunities for experiential and work-integrated learning for undergraduate and graduate students