Betty Chang received a PhD co-supervised by professor Stacey Scott and professor Mark Hancock in the Department of Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo. Her thesis investigated the impact of automation on awareness in the context of digital tabletop board games. Her research interests include human-computer interactions, computer supported cooperative work, and ubiquitous computing.
- B. Y. -L. Chang, Supporting Situation Awareness and Workspace Awareness in Co-located Collaborative Systems Involving Dynamic Data, PhD Thesis, University of Waterloo, 2016.
- B. Y. -L. Chang, S. D. Scott, and M. Hancock, Usage of Interactive Event Timelines in Collaborative Digital Tabletops Involving Automation, in Collaboration Meets Interactive Spaces (CMIS), C. Anslow, P. Campos, and J. Jorge, Eds., Springer International Publishing, 2016, pp. 203-232.
- B. Y. -L. Chang, C. Fong, E. Tse, M. Hancock, and S. D. Scott, “Callout Bubble Saved My Life”: Workspace Awareness Support in BYOD Classrooms, in Proc. ITS, New York, NY, USA, 2015, p. 73–82.
- B. Y. -L. Chang, S. D. Scott, and M. Hancock, Supporting Situation Awareness in Collaborative Tabletop Systems with Automation, in Proc. ITS, New York, NY, USA, 2014, p. 185–194.
- B. Y. -L. Chang, S. D. Scott, and M. Hancock, Improving Awareness of Automated Actions using an Interactive Event Timeline, in Proc. ITS, 2013, pp. 353-356.
- A. Ion, B. Y. -L. Chang, M. Haller, M. Hancock, and S. D. Scott, Canyon: Providing location awareness of multiple moving objects in a detail view on large displays, in Proc. CHI, New York, NY, USA, 2013, (Best Paper Honorable Mention Award).
- V. Cheung, B. Y. -L. Chang, and S. D. Scott, Communication channels and awareness cues in collocated collaborative time-critical gaming, in Proc. CSCW, New York, NY, USA, 2012, p. 569–578.
- B. Y. -L. Chang, M. Hancock, S. D. Scott, J. Pape, and N. T. C. Graham, Improving the social gaming experience by comparing physical and digital tabletop board games, in Extended Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Fun and Games, Toulouse, France, 2012, pp. 108-111.
- Y. Chang, P. Alencar, E. S. Barrenechea, R. Blanco, and D. Cowan, Context-aware systems: models and functionality, PA, USA: IGI Global, 2012.
- J. R. Wallace, J. Pape, B. Y. -L. Chang, P. J. McClelland, N. T. C. Graham, S. D. Scott, and M. Hancock, Exploring automation in digital tabletop board game, in Proc. CSCW Companion (Poster), New York, NY, USA, 2012, pp. 231-234.
- Y. Chang, N. Zhang, and E. Lank, Perception and decision making on electronic tax software for the younger population, in Proceedings of the 10th European Conference on e-Government, Reading, UK, 2010, pp. 99-106.
- Y. Chang, E. Barrenechea, and P. Alencar, Dynamic user-centric mobile context model, in Digital Information Management (ICDIM), 2010 Fifth International Conference on, 2010, pp. 442-447.